Thursday, January 20, 2011

A handy bag

And now, thanks to one of my Literary Salon-ers, something completely light hearted... and some may say sacrilegious: 
How to turn your book into a handbag
Yes. Combining two of my great loves - books and design - I can see the virtue in the idea but am not sure I could bring myself to follow through. (And PS. despite the lovely 'dude's' advice, I doubt glue would be robust enough for the demands of carriage - I'd use an industrial sewing machine and make the stitching a feature.)
But were I to muster the courage to slice into a book, for the purpose of resurrecting it in a new and perennial expression of form - something that would slip effortlessly from day to evening, casual to cocktail - the book I would choose is...
Utopia: the Genius of Emily Kame Kngwarreye
What would you choose?




No comments: