Lessons learnt during my first week of book writing:
- Glue your bum to the chair and just start writing. Cleaning light switches does not get words on the page. Neither does polishing the leaves on my ficus. Although the house looks fabulous.
- Research days and writing days work more effectively when separated.
- Fast flow writing is a great technique for getting the pen (fingers) moving and it’s mindboggling the memories and images that spring forth from your subconscious self.
- In high school it was really neat handwriting but now it looks more like hieroglyphics…hmmm.
- Writing is really, really hard! One of the hardest things I’ve ever done. It’s also liberating, exhausting, frustrating and intoxicating!